- White shirt – with collar, fastened top button with school tie to the top and covering all shirt buttons.
- Blazer – With Benton Park emblem, compulsory for all year groups.
- School Jumper – With Benton Park emblem; optional for all year groups.
- Trousers – Traditional tailored style black plain trousers worn at the waist no jean style, skinny, lycra, leggings, studded trousers or trousers containing elastine. Trousers must be full in length and meet the top of a student’s footwear. Trousers should be worn with ankle socks, not trainer socks. * see links to examples of suitable trousers below.
- Skirt – Black plain skirt and must be worn to the knee. Skirts must not be flared or fitted in style or lycra material.
- Shoes – Plain black shoes – no trainers including black trainers, no sport logos, mules, sandals, stilettos, flip flops, thin heeled shoes, pumps or boots.
- Tights – Plain tights black, opaque or neutral shade. No patterns.
- Belts – Plain black, small, plain buckle. Belts only to be worn with skirts and trousers where there are belt loops.
- Jewellery – No jewellery, other than one small plain gold or silver stud earring to be worn in the ear lobe. No other piercings. Only one charity band. Jewellery which is not allowed will be confiscated, and students will need to collect it from student reception at the end of the school day.
- Make-up – No make-up to be worn in Key Stage 3. In other Year Groups make-up must be discreet and natural colours only. No nail varnish, acrylic, gel or shellac nails. No false eyelashes.
- Religious Wear – Must be black or navy and only one colour.
- Hair – Hairstyles must be a conventional style. Hair colourings should be a natural colour only. Hair should have no patterns or stripes, either cut into the hair or in a different colour. Tips must remain the same colour as the rest of the hair. Only plain black hairband and bobbles to be worn in the hair. No other hair accessories to be worn. Eyebrows should be natural and not shaved.
- Outdoor wear – No outdoor wear, such as coats, hats or scarves to be worn in the building. No hoodies to be worn on the school grounds.
For links to examples of suitable trousers see below.
Required (all items with Benton Park logo):
- PE t-shirt
- Navy blue mid-length shorts (or white, if owned), sports leggings or tracksuit bottoms. Students who choose to wear shorts for PE should cover them with school trousers, tracksuit bottoms or sports leggings when navigating through other parts of the school during the day.
- White socks or dark blue football socks (no logo)
- Sports trainers suitable for Astro turf use. No converse style pumps
- Benton Park logo navy blue sweatshirt /long sleeved zip top
- Maroon reversible Rugby shirt
Health & Safety in PE:
- No jewellery to be worn in any PE lessons.
- No watches to be worn in any PE lessons.
- Long hair should be tied back with a hair bobble.
Students not conforming to correct standards of uniform will be isolated from other students throughout the day. Where an explanatory note is provided by parents, they shall be allowed to work in the appropriate Key Stage area for up to two days. After this time, or where there is no parental explanation, students shall work in the Isolation Room until the infringement is rectified. A doctor’s note must be provided where, for medical reasons, students cannot wear school shoes.
All Benton Park uniform items are available at the following retailers:
67 High Street
3-5 Town Street
42-44 Darley Street
Leeds Uniform Exchange
Leeds Uniform Exchange makes it easy for families to pass on good quality school uniform that’s no longer needed and, instead of buying new, find items of school uniform, for free.
Find out more about how to find or donate school uniform on their website: https://leedsuniformexchange.org.uk/