Parents/Carers agree to:
- see that their son/daughter goes to school regularly, on time and properly equipped.
- let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect their son/daughter’s work or behaviour.
- support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour and work as outlined in the School Planner, including school sanctions (eg detentions).
- support their son/daughter in their homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- attend parents’ evenings and discussions about their son/daughter’s progress and future opportunities.
- discuss school at home with their son/daughter.
- encourage their son/daughter to participate in extra-curricular opportunities.
School agrees to:
- contact parents if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality, uniform or equipment.
- let parents know about any concerns or problems which affect their son/daughter’s work or behaviour.
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum with a full homework programme.
- send home regular grade only reports and provide one consultation evening where parents can meet subject staff.
- keep parents/carers informed about school activities through regular letters, the Inform Magazine and notices about special events.
- encourage all pupils to participate in the wide range of extra-curricular activities and celebrate their achievements.
Your child agrees to:
- attend school regularly and on time
- bring all the necessary equipment for each day
- wear the school uniform and maintain a tidy appearance
- do all the classwork and homework as well as they can and hand it in on time
- be polite, helpful, tolerant and respectful to others
- keep the school free from litter
- take a pride in representing the school in Music, Sport, Drama or any other activity (including school trips) if given the opportunity
Parents are asked to sign the Home School Agreement on Page 5 on the pupil Planner.